That's What I'm saying....
This came to me in an email from my sweet friend Patty just a few days ago:
Oh, something I noticed. I bought some clothes and was shocked to discover that they were the “same size” that I wore before having babies….yeah….sure. I brought them back home and dug out some clothes that were from 8 years ago (yes, I hung on to those relics in some sad pathetic hope). They are all the “same size”, but the clothes from years ago were ALL TWO FULL INCHES smaller in the waist. Every single one. But, I’m still the same size….humph! The clothing industry is happily enabling our fantasies in this Super Sized world. I was so mad, I finally threw the old dusty things into the donate pile.
MM-hmmm. I *totally* know what she means. I have some cute swirly skirts from Tar-gay that are so fun to wear - and are the same size that I wore in high school. Now, before any of you start rolling your eyes and thinking "I hate that girl", let me clarify. I'm inching up on being 30 pounds heavier that I was in high school. I'm not proud of that, and I definitely NEED to do something about it. But, that's reality at the moment. And even with that reality, I still have skirts in the same size that I wore 30 lbs ago?
Yeah. Right. I'm with Patty. The fashion industry indulging our fantasies in this Super Sized world certainly isn't helping my motivation. I'm not blaming them, mind you - but, in the words of the lemur from Madagascar: "oy vey everybody!"
No comments:
Post a Comment